Week 4


Wow! It has been a busy week! I had my first overwhelming week this past week. I think that is pretty good. I made it until the last week of the six weeks before I felt stressed out. (I know I said week a bunch of times LOL.) Well let me break it down for you as to why I was stressed out.

Friday

Last Friday I was out all day at a Library meeting and I was already getting behind at the library.
Monday
Monday I arrived all excited about getting the week off on a good start and I found out at 8am that I would be having a professional storyteller visit the school and I needed to organize that. Well, of course I jumped at the opportunity! How neat!
I quickly made some banners to welcome her, rushed from class to class inviting the teachers, got my camera ready and then proceeded to work on Tuesday's stuff. The storyteller arrived. I posted a video in a previous blog. She was wonderful! I had a great time and I know that kids did too! When she was done I continued getting ready for Tuesday. I needed to prepare for a huge library ceremony for the winners of our summer reading contest. I needed to work on decorations and laminate.
Tuesday
I was out all day decorating the auditorium with the other librarians. By 3:30 I went to pick up my daughter for the ceremony (she was the winner for 2nd grade...I'm a proud mama!) We had to rush home eat and shower and return by 5:30. The decorations were all taken down by 9pm.
Wednesday
I got to school all excited about having time to work in the library and I found out I was administering an online test to all 3rd-5th graders! Okay so I organized the testing documentation and then supervised the testing.
Thursday
More testing...ALL day!
Friday
Librarian Meeting...ALL day! I returned to campus at the end of the day and worked until 5:15. Then picked up my daughter from daycare.
Saturday
I went to school to run end of the six weeks reports and process some of our new books that are still in boxes.

Needless to say I feel a little more caught up, but it looks like another busy week. Did I mention that in addition to all that I made DVDs for the Summer Winners of a slideshow of pictures? They came out super nice. If I could figure out a way to post them on here I would. Well, that's another project to tackle at a later date.

I am feeling more optimistic tonight. Tomorrow I am back on the wagon and going to give it my all! Do I still love it? Yes...is it lots of work? yes! But, I feel I have found my niche!

Comments