Parent Time at the Library


I had my first "Parent Time at the Library" on Monday, Oct. 6th from 3:15-4:30. It was a great success. In fact we had more parents than seats and my library has about 50 seats! I had lines waiting for AR testing and lines waiting to check out. I think it went really well. At the end of the day though, we had 3 large book carts of books to shelve! Oh, my it was overwhelming. On the following day, we closed the library and worked on catching up on the shelving. I am so SOOOOOOOOO lucky to have a dedicated volunteer who comes daily for about an hour to help me shelve. Also I have a college student who will be coming all week for half a day each and every day to help us organize the shelves. She has already gone through the entire fiction collection and made sure they are in correct alphabetically order! In addition, and I feel like such a lucky lady, my principal saw the overwhelming amount of books we were shelving and got us some extra help. Everyday for 40 min we will have someone come in the morning to help us shelve.

Comments