Love Your Library Month


Sorry it has been so long. My master's classes and my job are keeping me quite busy. Here's a recap of what's been going on:


February is Love You Library Month
so we are having an art contest in the library where students complete the phrase: "I love my library because..." Then they draw, paint, etc. their reason why. So far I have receive about 5 entries. I can't wait to see all the reasons the students love the library.

Appreciation- Last week one of the parents from my school gave me a potted plant and a really nice compliment. She said something along the lines of, "This is the first year my kids have been really excited about the library. Thank you for that." Wow! That is so great to hear and I hope I am able to continue making the library better and better.

Makeover Library Edition- My assistant and I are working on redecorating the library. I am not sure what it was, but one day I walked into the library and I thought...it looks so out-dated...so I thought about some decorations and came up with a plan. I have been taking some pictures and will post some before and afters of our hard work. It is not major changes, just decorative touches.

Technology Inspiration- I finished my Intel Master of Technology class here is the link to the site I created for my final project if you'd like to check it out. It inspired me to start using Flip Video to create some videos for work. I went out and got one yesterday, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I also got a microphone to use at home and work and plan to start having some of the kids make podcasts where I interview them about their favorite books. I am a little intimidated by Audacity, but I am going to give it a try. I post a link when I have them ready. Back to the Flip, I purchased the Ultra because of the reviews of cNet. I especially liked the software (MUVEE) that is built-in and allows for easy editing and movie mixes.

Library Science Master's Classes- I am taking Library Administration, which and I know this sounds corny, is a lot of fun. I have to create some action plans, floor plans, budgets, etc. I really like this side of library science. For my other class I am taking Computer Science. Yes...I love that one too! I am creating a mock library website, although I think I may use it as my school library homepage after I get it all set up.

Comments