Podcasting 101



Well I have officially created four podcasts. And I must admit that once I got the kinks worked out it was not as hard as I thought it would be. In fact it is pretty easy! I am using podbean to host my podcasts, but I just figured out how to use my school website to host my podcasts as well. The only bad news is it can be a little challenging for visitors to the site to find my podcasts on the school page.

Today I had a student create a podcast. It was pretty simple process. I created a template for her to use as a script. Once she wrote out what she wanted to say, we were able to record her in about five minutes. Then I sent her back to class and went to work mixing in the music at the beginning and end of the track. I have been using FreePlayMusic.com to find royalty free music. Then I mix it in and finalize it.

I will be creating a tip sheet soon for those of you interested in creating your own podcast. My best advice is to try a few on your own first, so you can feel confident when you're working with the students.

Comments