Destination Relaxation- San Antonio Style 6/14/09



I have been reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I really enjoyed the first section about eating and living it up in Italy. While in San Antonio we stayed at La Mansion Del Rio (Omni Hotel). It was such a nice luxurious hotel stay. One morning I was lucky enough to wake up before my family and I went out to the River Walk and enjoyed breakfast on my own. I walked from my hotel to Starbucks and ordered a tray of fruit and cheeses.

It was............PHENOMENAL. I sat by the water in the shade and ate brie and apples, cheddar and Asiago with crackers. Chai Tea Latte. YUM! It was so nice. I sat close enough to a man made waterfall to enjoy the peaceful sounds while I ate. I don't know if I would have thought about how nice a breakfast on my own could be if I hadn't been reading this book.

Comments